Friday, March 14, 2008

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Warning: Inappropriate Images Follow


Ok they really aren't that inappropriate, but it's pretty close. These little desserts are heaven. They will make your eyes roll backwards into your head as they melt over your taste buds. They are that good and so easy to make.

It all started one day when hub's was talking about the Oreo truffles I make with some of his classmates. For the longest time I have offered to make some sweets for him and those on the rotation with him. Who knows? Maybe the sweets will reduce the competitiveness? Or maybe it will just make them nicer to the patients? Either way, I love to bake and I always make too much for just the two of us. So the day that he shared the deliciousness of the truffles with his classmates he asked me if I could make them for him to take in. I did this last night and they came out great. It's the prettiest batch I have ever made. I almost felt bad packaging them up in a container and bidding them adieu.


I first found out about this recipe in 2006 when it was all over the place in the What's Cooking? board of The Nest. You can find the recipe here on Kraft's website. I love Oreos so I knew I would love this dessert.


Easy Oreo Truffles

Ingredients

1 package Oreo cookies, finely crushed and divided

1 package (8 ounce) Philadelphia cream cheese, softened

2 package (8 squares each) Baker's Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate, melted (I only used 1 Package)

Directions
1. Take 6 of the cookies, finely crush them, and set aside (This can be done in a food processor)
2. Take the rest of the cookies and finely crush them
3. Mix the crushed cookies and the cream cheese until well blended. Shape into 42 (1-inch) balls. After this I stick them in the freezer for a little bit so that they harden up. It makes it easier when it comes to dipping.
4. Melt the chocolate over a double boiler and dip the balls in the melted chocolate. Place the balls on a wax-covered baking sheet and then sprinkle with the crumbs that were set aside.
5. Refrigerate until firm.
6. Enjoy!

Freshly Sprinkled.


Hello Little Ball.



Look at all that crushed goodness!



All packaged and ready to go!


1 comment:

Cara said...

looks like you did a great job dipping!