Saturday, August 11, 2012

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Easy Homemade Granola

 IMG_9634
I love to eat granola but most of the time I'm too cheap to actually buy a bag of it at the store. For some reason, and despite reading the ingredient list on the bags at the store, I thought granola was something that was hard to do. When I came across this recipe I realized how wrong I was; granola is actually really easy and considering I buy oats in bulk really convenient to make at home. I made this recipe and kept the granola simple with no extra add-ins and it didn't make it past a week in my house. Even Cati loved it (and I love hearing her say "granola"). If you like those Nature Valley's Honey n' Oat granola bars then you will definitely like this simple granola recipe because the taste is spot on.


Easy Homemade Granola
Source: Super Healthy Kids
Yields 8 cups of granola

6 cups rolled oats
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup canola oil
1/3 cup honey
2 tsp vanilla

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Mix rolled oats and brown sugar together.

In a separate bowl, whisk together the oil, honey and vanilla. Pour over dry mixture and stir to coat thoroughly.

Spread on a sprayed baking sheet and bake at for 30 minutes. Stir frequently (every 5 minutes) to ensure even baking. It should be golden brown when it is done.

Let it cool on the baking sheet and then break up any large pieces. Store in an airtight container.
Stephanie

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is going on my yogurt in the morning Thanks foodiepenpal.