Monday, May 11, 2009

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Things I'll Miss: Public Garden

One of my favorite spots in the city is the Public Garden. It's probably the only place in the city, other than my apartment, that I love year-round. Tulips in the spring, roses in the summer, greens and reds in the fall, and snow in the winter. It's a beautiful natural oasis in a city full of people, cars, buildings, and noise. With the big move in 15 days I have come to appreciate the garden even more. There aren't any free gardens like this one in Miami. The Public Garden is full of so many happy memories for me and so many firsts. We've walked through the garden countless times and have strolled across the mini suspension bridge more times than I can remember. We've walked on the frozen lake in the winter and sat under the trees in the summer. I've photographed the flowers and swans each year and the beauty contained in the garden has never stopped amazing me. Alex proposed to me in the garden and we took our engagement pictures there. It really is a beautiful location and one of the things I will miss the most about Boston.

The bridge.
I love this picture. The garden is literally surrounded by tall buildings.
One of our engagement pictures.
This is growing in the garden now.

No comments: