Monday, June 15, 2009

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Cookies and an Award

Ok my blogging is depressing. No, not depressing, pitiful. At least this time it's only been 6 days since my last post. Now that my schedule is semi figured out, I have all my baking stuff accessible, and I feel more comfortable using Abuela's kitchen I can get back to baking. I don't think I will be able to do anything too involving until I'm in MY kitchen but I can do easy desserts like cookies. I made some cookies because Alex wanted them and I lucked out. My brain has been a little scattered the past few weeks and when he told me he wanted white chocolate chip cookies I thought he meant macadamia nut cookies, but since I didn't want to spend money on macadamia nuts I made the recipe on the back of the Nestle white morsels bag. I was afraid to show him the cookies because I felt bad not making him the cookies I thought he wanted. I was wrong though because he did want the cookies I made not the mac nut cookies. So even in my scattered brain state I was right on target. These cookies were fabulous. The cookies were chocolaty and super chewy. I don't think I've had a chewier cookie and they were chewy for days. The chocolate cookie was deep and rich and cooled by the white morsels.
Part two of pitiful posting involves an award that was given to me exactly one month ago. Jen of Jenuinely Inspired gave me the award and I couldn't be more thankful. She's an awesome person with an awesome blog and she is one of my favorite people on the planet. Thanks Jen! The rules for this award are to accept the award and pass it on to other bloggers, so I am abiding and passing it on to Alex of A Beginner's Adventures in Photography and Vibi of La Casserole Carree. I love these blogs and the people who write them. Alex is a lifelong friend who is supportive in everything I do and Vibi is a blogging friend that is always there to support my baking by leaving encouraging comments. Thanks for making life and blogging so much better!
White Chocolate Chip Cookies
Source: Nestle (here)

2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
2/3 cup baking cocoa
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) white morsels

Preheat oven to 350° F.

Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels. Drop by well-rounded teaspoon onto ungreased baking sheets.

Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until centers are set. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.

3 comments:

pinkstripes said...

YUM! Those cookies look wonderful.

Katrina said...

What a great looking cookie. So nice when you get something right! ;)

Eliana said...

These cookies look fantastic. YUM YUM YUM!!!