Monday, September 26, 2011

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

This Week in Mommyhood

The most amazing thing is the fact that I feel like I get less done now that Cati's in school. I actually feel like I got more done and was better able at multitasking when I had her with me all day. Now that she's in school my mornings are spent cleaning and prepping for school. Once she's home it's all about her and it's literally nonstop cuddle and playtime. As a result, I'm having a hard time organizing my time and really being efficient with it. And as a result of that I'm having trouble keeping up with the blog. I have recipes to share, books to write about, and the past two weeks with Cati to report.

Here are the exciting developments of the past two weeks:

B-Word Explosion. Holy cow Cati loves her b words. She's learned to say bib, bath, bed, bow, and bike.

Language Explosion
. In general, vocabulary has been increasing like crazy as of late. Cati will point to her eyes and say "eye," she will say "shhh" for shoe, "night night" when she's ready to go to bed, she says "ai esta" at specific objects when you ask where they are, "nana" for banana, "mas" when she wants more of something, "up" when she wants to be carried, and she's learned the name of two new people, Emma from school and Abu for her Abuela (Alex's mom).

Bye Bye Baby. Alex and I took our first trip out of town without Cati this past week. As usual, the anticipation caused all the anxiety but once we were gone we felt fine. Both of us missed Cati like crazy but the pain of separation was lessened because (a) we really needed the time as a couple and (b) Cati was left in the excellent hands of her Abuelos. It was wonderful to be back in Boston (I can't believe how much I miss the city!) and to have a break from all the parenting chores. And still, it felt great to be back home and to hear my baby cry out for her mama.
IMG00758-20110923-1152
I think that just about sums up the last two weeks. Those are the big developments and in between all that there have been plenty of hugs and kisses. I am madly in love with my little girl. I can't even begin to express how delicious she is at this age.
Stephanie

1 comment:

Desi said...

I bet she is so delicious!!! Aww, look at that face!!