Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Ruffles & Frills

To be honest with you, I'm not the most social person. I can be social, but oftentimes, I prefer either keeping to myself or observing others. I hate when the attention is on me (#1 reason why I refuse to have birthday parties for myself) and I'm just not comfortable with people going out of their way to be nice to me (#1 reason why I hate anything being done in my honor). So you can see how this leads to me not wanting to have a baby shower for Baby D. I refused multiple times and multiple offers but if enough people offer, you eventually give in. We ended up doing something really, really, really small to celebrate Baby D and it was more of a social gathering than an actual shower. There were no baby decorations and if it weren't for the fact that Baby D's name was revealed at this party, you wouldn't have thought the gathering was done in celebration of a new little person-to-be. And that was fine by me because I wanted to do something drastically different from what was done with Cati. Plus, maybe I could tell the future and knew that this party would happen just a few days after losing my beloved Perla, when I really wouldn't be in the mood to be social or be in a celebratory mood.

Anyway, the guest list was small (less than 20 people, all family) and other than taking pictures of Cati and the dessert table, no other pictures were taken. The party was at our house, arroz imperial was served, there were plenty of desserts to feast on, and all was said and done in 2.5 hours. It was an easygoing weekend afternoon.

Aside from finding out the name, which was kept under tightly sealed lips, the biggest awe-inducing thing was the cake that my friend Shelley made. I showed her what I wanted and in a weekend she learned how to do it and made the most beautiful and delicious tasting cake.
IMG_6194
IMG_6199
IMG_6200
IMG_6202
IMG_6176_2
Stephanie

No comments: