Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Elina: Eight Months

0001zA

Dear Elina,

Happy eight months baby girl. I say this every month, but I can't believe you are eight months old already. At times it feels like it was just yesterday that you were first handed to me. The first month was tough and that time has become blurred in my memory but every month with you since has gotten better and better. You are now at that perfect baby age of knowing, interacting, and responding. You know who I am and that smile that greets me almost every time we lock eyes proves that you know me. You interact with me and I love when you crawl over to me and settle your little body in my lap. You respond to so much, your name, your sister's attempts at making you laugh, and the best one yet, requests for kisses. Things just keep getting better and better.

At eight months old you are a crawling expert, a standing machine, and a novice climber. You are on the move and soon the pat-pat sound of your hands hitting the ground as you crawl will turn into the stomp-stomp of  your feet as you begin walking. You love to eat and have experienced so many different kinds of foods. Your favorites seem to be banana, cheese, and roasted pumpkin with a dash of cinnamon. While it may seem wrong I love seeing how upset you get when we sit down to eat and you realize you haven't been given food. You want to do as we do and that just makes the fact that you are eight months old harder to accept; soon you WILL do as we do because you will no longer be a baby.

This past month you have wowed us with all your developments and your almost-four- teeth-filled mouth. You have discovered the fun of dumping, dropping, and pulling out (you love playing with the dirty clothes!). You still love to cuddle and sitting in the rock chair with you as you smile at me and give me kisses is one of my favorite things to do each day. You are still my content baby. You still suck on the knuckle of your right index finger whenever you're falling asleep or in need of comforting.

On the technical side, at eight months you drink four-5oz bottles of breast milk and, although you fit perfectly fine in your 6-9 and 6-12 month clothing, you are still my petite little baby. You are still sleeping through the night and you are on your way to having four teeth.

Happy eight months Elina. With all the changes you are going through, I hope you can already perceive that my love for you is a constant. I'm so glad I get to be your mommy.

Love,
Mami

1 comment:

Desi said...

Happy 8 months, Elina! She is getting so big and yet still such a beautiful little baby girl! I love reading about her accomplishments :)