Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Herb-Parmesan Chicken

Herb-Parmesan Chicken
It has been so long since I last posted a recipe. School started two weeks ago and I am really struggling with balancing things and scheduling myself. Things feel a little overwhelming right now but I'm sure once I get into a steady groove, I will feel a little more in control. This chicken dish is the perfect dish for feeling out of control: it is a steady and consistent dish that will never let you down. I make this chicken at least twice a month because it is quick and easy and because it happens to be one of Cati's favorite chicken dishes. You really can't go wrong with this one.

Herb-Parmesan Chicken
Source: Progresso

2 Tbsp flour
1 egg, beaten
1 cup Progresso Italian panko bread crumbs
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
4 skinless chicken breasts (pounded to 1/2-inch thickness)
2 Tbsp oil or melted butter

Place flour, egg, and bread crumbs on separate plates. Stir Parmesan cheese into bread crumbs.

Coat chicken with flour, dip in egg, then coat well with bread crumb mixture,

In a 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Cook chicken 8-10 minutes, turning once, until thickest part of chicken is 165 degrees F and coating is golden brown.
Stephanie

No comments: