Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Red Velvet Chocolate Chip Cookies

IMG_2750
It's been a long time since I posted. Way too long. Between the girls and school, I've been finding it hard to come up with real "me time." The semester ends next week so hopefully I'll be able to get back to a more stable routine that includes more time focusing on the things I enjoy doing, such as baking and blogging. Or at least a few weeks of overindulging before the grind of a new semester gets going.

Apparently, I have a bit of an obsession with red velvet cookies and I have made four different types of red velvet cookies in the past year, including this one (red velvet crinkle cookies, red velvet cookies, and red velvet cookies with cream cheese frosting). This recipe is actually very similar to one of the other ones I made, but, if I remember correctly enough to compare, these cookies were more chewy than the other ones. These cookies were so good that I have spent the last 24-hours in between paper writing thinking about making these cookies again. Seriously, give these easy cookies a try.

Red Velvet Chocolate Chip Cookies 
Source: How Sweet It Is 
Yields about two dozen cookies

1 box Red Velvet cake mix
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup white chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350.

Combine cake mix, oil, eggs, and vanilla. Mix until a dough forms. Fold in chocolate chips.

Roll into balls and bake at 350 for 8 minutes.
Stephanie

No comments: