Thursday, March 26, 2009

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Things I'll Miss: Modern Cannoli

I might lose some readers with this post, but then again I might gain some. Cannolis are a big deal here and when it comes to cannolis there are two places in town. One of them is Mike's Pastry and the other is Modern Bakery. When I first moved here everyone recommended Mike's to me. So we went. It was the most overwhelming experience. Everyone huddles in and there's no real order. I've never worked so hard for dessert. At least the cannolis were good and very delicious. A few months later we got engaged and took our engagement pictures up here. Our photographer lived in the North End and let us in on the big secret: Modern. Again, we went. This time I loved it. Sure, they were busy but they had a line and I didn't feel like I was going to get into a fight because someone cut in front of me. We have been going to Modern ever since. The cannolis taste similar but food isn't just about the taste, it's also about the experience. Modern is my choice for the North End's best cannoli.

4 comments:

Mary said...

I completely agree! I lived in Bosotn for three and a half years and Mike's got all the press but Modern rocked....good pick :).

Eliana said...

Life is all about seeking comfort. I know how you feel. There are a ton of things that I don't know how I could live without if I ever moved out of NY. But I'm sure you will find new ones in no time.

Elyse said...

Mmm, modern bakery does sound fabulous. I love a bakery that you can instantly fall in love with (although, that's most bakeries for me). I'm sure you'll find fabulous bakeries to make up for it in FL!

Unknown said...

ok, now i must go! thanks for passing on this little tidbit :)