Monday, March 16, 2009

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Sneaky Snickerdoodle.

Do you ever have one of those days where everything seems to be going right? I had one today. Today we found out that Alex matched. We still have no idea where he matched, but at least we know that he has a residency spot somewhere. I am proud to say that my husband is one step closer to being an orthopedic surgeon. I almost cried when I found out that he matched. This was a moment that had been building up for the past 6 months or so. In addition to match, I was dismissed from jury duty. Now don't get me wrong, I believe in juries, I just don't like the idea of spending my spring break on a jury. I get enough legal talk on a daily basis. Lastly, I received an email about a position that what would be my dream position this summer. I feel like I'm on a roll today!

To celebrate all the good things I decided to make some snickerdoodles. I found Martha Stewart's recipe on The Cupcake Review (now The Sweetest Kitchen). To make things even more exciting, after all today has been a very exciting day, I decided to put a mini Reeses peanut butter cup in the middle. The result? A very good cookie! I think this will be my new favorite snickerdoodle recipe. The cookie is super soft and chewy. The Reeses in the middle was such a pleasant surprise. I love days like this. I wish every day was a day as happy as today has been.

Snickerdoodles
Source: Martha Stewart's Cookies

2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon coarse salt (I used 1/4 teaspoon table salt)
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temp
1 1/2 cups, plus 2 tablespoons sugar
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon

Method
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Sift together flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl. Put butter and 1 1/2 cups sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Mix on medium speed until pale and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Mix in eggs. Reduce speed to low; gradually mix in flour mixture.

Stir together cinnamon and remaining 2 tablespoons sugar in a small bowl. Shape dough into twenty 1 3/4-inch balls; roll in cinnamon sugar. Space 3 inches apart on baking sheets lined with parchment paper.

Bake cookies, rotating sheets halfway through, until edges are golden brown, 12-15 minutes. Let cool on sheets on wire racks. Cookies can be stored between layers of parchment paper in airtight containers at room temperature up to 3 days.

Makes 1 1/2 dozen cookies.

The cookie.
The sneaky surprise.

4 comments:

Marthe said...

Congratulations on your husband finding a residency spot!!! How great!

P.S. Check out my giveaway!

Linds said...

I have been on the hunt for a soft snickerdoodle recipe...these look great! I love your little surprise as well :)
Congrats to your husband on being matched!

Amber2Zoe said...

Congratulations! It's great to hear you had such a wonderful day.

Elyse said...

So, you just took one of my favorite cookies and my favorite candies, and you put them together into one amazing treat!! What a great way to celebrate Alex's placement (congrats to him!!)! Can't wait to hear where you end up. Yay for both of you!