Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

TWD: Four Star Chocolate Bread Pudding

I almost forgot I hadn't posted this week's recipe. I'm down to the wire! I made this dessert last night and it was a hit. I've never made nor had bread pudding before so I didn't know what to expect. Alex thought I threw some bananas in this and I actually thought of doing that but decided at the last minute not to. He enjoyed it a lot and was caught off guard at first because he's never had a chocolate bread pudding. As for the bread pudding virgin? I thought it was great! It kind of tasted like french toast drenched in chocolate syrup, which probably explains why I had it for breakfast this morning. I must say I am loving the chocolate streak we've been on lately :)

Thanks to Lauren of East Side Chronicle for making a great selection this week. Don't forget to check out Lauren's blog and the other bakers on TWD!

I love the look of powdered sugar. Would you like some?

8 comments:

Elyse said...

Mmm, I would totally eat this for breakfast. It look soooo delicious. Anything chocolatey, bready, and pudding-y, well, it's good by me. Bread pudding is one of my favorites, and I'm so glad that you've become a fan as well!

vibi said...

HUM! It seems great minds thing alike... as I also added bananas to mine! It just seemed like the perfect fruit to pair with chocolate... other than strawberries, which would probably have made this already homey looking dessert even less appealing!

But nah, it didn't happen here... yours looks great and I'm so glad you ended up liking it! (try the classic version now! ...if you like French toast, you'll love it!)

Eliana said...

Yeeeey. You've come to the other side. I absolutely love bread pudding and it does taste cuper good for breakfast.

pinkstripes said...

Your pudding looks wonderful. I'm glad it was a success for you.

Bungalow Barbara said...

What lovely pictures! Glad you liked it!

steph- whisk/spoon said...

i would like some--yes please!

Engineer Baker said...

Perfect for breakfast :)

Amanda said...

I really enjoyed this, especially warmed up with chocolate syrup or cream anglaise!