Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Chicken Pesto Pizza

Chicken Pesto Pizza
I've said it before, but one of the things I have been craving a lot throughout this pregnancy is pizza. I think I could eat it every day and not get tired of it. I love and want pizza in all its incarnations. This particular recipe was simply divine. Like, lick-your-plate divine. I had pre-made tomato sauce in the fridge from the last time we made pizza so this pizza came together very quickly. All I really had to do was boil a chicken breast in water, wine, salt, and pepper, and assemble.

Chicken Pesto Pizza
Source: Adapted Your Home Baked Mom

1 cup precooked shredded chicken
4-5 Tablespoons Pesto
Pizza Dough (store-bought or homemade)
Tomato Sauce
Shredded mozzarella cheese
Grated fontina cheese

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil. If using store-bought pizza dough, prepare dough according to instructions. Either way, place the pizza dough on the baking sheet.

Mix pesto with shredded chicken. Add a layer of sauce to the pizza dough then top with pesto chicken and cheeses. Feel free to make it as cheesy or as saucy as you like it. 

Place in oven and bake for about 15 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and lightly browned and the edges of crust are golden brown.

Remove from oven and let it cool for a few minutes before slicing. Serve and enjoy!
Stephanie

No comments: