Sunday, October 30, 2011

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

This Week in Mommyhood

The biggest thing going on around here is the fact that Cati's sick yet again. Poor baby. While I love the extra snuggles and cuddles I get, I hate that I'm getting them because she's sick and needs my comforting. I took Cati to the doctor but he only confirmed what I knew: she's going to be getting sick a lot this year because of school. One good thing out of her doctor's visit is that I got an update on her growth. She's grown in both height and weight but what really impressed me was the fact that she grew an inch since her 18-month visit and she's now a solid 2 ft 9 in. Just thinking about Cati in feet instead of inches is so cute to me.
IMG_9775
I haven't been able to keep up with her word acquisition because the girl is literally repeating everything she hears. I am stunned with how much she knows and how well she has gotten at expressing herself. Even with all the new words, there are still some things I don't understand and I feel so bad when she gets frustrated because I don't understand her. Either way, I love this stage in her development because we get to have little conversations and she's not shy in demanding me to do certain things (my favorite is "mama sit" or "sientate").

As for Baby D, I have finally reached that point in the pregnancy where I look pregnant to strangers or people who I haven't told I'm pregnant. My favorite was when one of the girls in my class asked me if I was pregnant the week before. I've said it once and I've said it before, but it amazes how un-pregnant I feel. I know I am pregnant and I am doing things to stay healthy but it's like an afterthought. I'm so focused on (or distracted by) school, Cati, and my home life that I don't have much time to reflect on the pregnancy. One day this week Alex asked me if I talk to this baby like I talked to Cati and I felt guilty saying no and explaining that I didn't talk to this baby because I spend most of my talking-time talking to Cati. I simply find it impossible to do the same things now that I did when I was pregnant with Cati. I pray Baby D can forgive me for this slight mommy indiscretion.

At least the amazing thing now is that Cati is aware of my pregnancy. If you ask her where the baby is she will point to my belly and if you ask her what's in my belly she will say "nene." Hopefully this means she'll like having another baby around. 

Life is full of adjustments and I'm hoping we can all adjust to a new family member with as much smoothness and ease as possible.
Stephanie

1 comment:

Desi said...

Aww poor little sick Cati! She looks adorable though in that pic with that white bow in her hair. I always wonder how mommy's divide their time between their already-born child and the one growing in their bellies. It does seem like a struggle! You are doing great, Steph! I think you are doing a mighty fine job of documenting it all!