Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Chicken Cordon Bleu

Chicken Cordon Bleu
I don't know about you, but I always seem to struggle when it comes to chicken dishes. I feel like I never know what to do with chicken and I also feel like there are so many options when it comes to chicken. Then, on top of it all, I don't like dishes that involve too much prep work because it's hard to be in the kitchen at the same time as Cati. Dinner making time in our house is marked by Cati wanting to be constantly held by me so I need dishes that are quick to put together. I came across this Chicken Cordon Bleu recipe and it literally took me 10 minutes and a cutting board to put it together. I cheated and didn't do any pounding; instead, I cut my breasts in half. Easy peasy and super delicious. The mark of a truly successful dish in our house is Cati's response to it and she loved this chicken.

PS Don't forget to enter the Shutterfly Giveaway here!

Chicken Cordon Bleu
Source: Kiersten on Allrecipes.com

2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
3 slices Swiss cheese
2 slices cooked ham
1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.

Pound chicken breasts to 1/4 inch thickness. (I sliced them thin)

Sprinkle each piece of chicken on both sides with salt and pepper. Place 1 cheese slice and 1 ham slice on top of each breast. Roll up each breast, and secure with a toothpick. Place in baking dish, and sprinkle chicken evenly with bread crumbs.

Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink. Remove from oven, and place 1/2 cheese slice on top of each breast. Return to oven for 3 to 5 minutes, or until cheese has melted. Remove toothpicks, and serve immediately.
Stephanie

No comments: