Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Oatmeal Week: Peanut Butter & Banana Oatmeal Smoothie

Peanut Butter & Banana Oatmeal Smoothie
I love smoothies. I love that you can pack a lot of delicious and healthy things in a drink. I especially like that you can sneak certain healthy things into smoothies. Cati isn't so much of a fan of smoothies but she loves to say the word "smoothie." Imagine my surprise when I gave her some of this smoothie and she liked it and asked for seconds. Alex, on the other hand, thought the smoothie tasted "too healthy." If you like the banana-peanut butter flavor combination then you will certainly like this smoothie. Or not, if you are adverse to anything healthy like Alex. At the very least, I know I will definitely be making this smoothie again and again for myself.

This is the second recipe as part of Oatmeal Week. You can find the first recipe for Lactation Cookies here

Peanut Butter & Banana Oatmeal Smoothie
by Becky of Project Domestication

Ingredients:
1 cup milk
2-3 Tbsp peanut butter*
1 medium frozen banana
1/4 cup old-fashioned oatmeal
1 Tbsp honey
1 Tbsp milled flax seed (I used ground flax seed)
1 Tbsp wheat germ (I omitted because I didn't have any)
4-5 ice cubes (optional)*

Blend all ingredients in blender until smooth. Pour in cup and enjoy.

*If using ice, increase peanut butter to 3-4 tablespoons. You may use fresh bananas in place of frozen, if so, ice is recommended.
 Stephanie

No comments: