Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Chocolate Cake

IMG_9923
In my opinion, there is nothing better than chocolate cake. The only thing that makes it better is when it's really easy to make, just like this cake. I ended up halving the recipe but I wish I hadn't because the cake was soo good. You can frost it however you like and I guarantee you won't go wrong. Because I wanted something really chocolaty I went with a chocolate frosting.

Chocolate Cake
Source: Erin's Food Files

2 cups sugar
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup dutch processed cocoa powder
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
1 cup milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup boiling water

Heat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour two 9-inch round pans.

Stir together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla; beat on medium speed of electric mixer 2 minutes. Stir in boiling water (batter will be thin). Pour batter into prepared pans.

Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks. Cool completely.
Stephanie

No comments: