Monday, April 7, 2008

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Birthday, Part 3

I was given the task of finding a fun and delicious restaurant to go to for my birthday. As usual I wanted to go somewhere new and try something different. I decided that we should go to Tangierino in Charlestown because we have never had Moroccan food and they have nightly entertainment in the form of belly dancers. This restaurant is located in such a nice looking neighborhood that I was almost tempted to ask about real estate.

We got to the restaurant on time for our reservation and were seated promptly. The inside of the restaurant is exactly how I imagined it being. It was red all over and filled with Moroccan art and decor that made me wish I could go on a magic carpet ride. I don't know how to describe it exactly, but the decor was very sensual.


The night started with me ordering myself a Belly Dancer drink. The drink had vodka, Chambord, and pineapple juice in it. Soo good! It was almost good enough to justify the ridiculous price ($13).

For the appetizer we shared the "Blazing Beef Tenderloin." The picture on Tangierino's website is a little misleading because it shows it with two of the spring rolls when in reality it only comes with one. It was still a really good dish that came with some kind of mango salad. The beef was very tender and soaking in its juices. The spring roll was delicious. We both said that if all vegetables tasted that good we would eat them more often.
Alex ordered the "Tagine of Lemony Chicken." This was probably the best dish for Alex because it came with french fries. The chicken was crispy on the outside and moist on the inside.


I ordered the salmon dish. At first I tried to order the Sashimi Tuna because it came with a mango-pineapple salad. Luckily enough the waiter asked me if I liked my fish rare. I immediately said no and then had to decided on something else to eat. The salmon was my next choice and it came with a sauce made of cherry tomatoes, fingerling potatoes, carrots, and olives. The fish was seasoned to perfection and the veggies combined to create a deliciously thick red sauce.
We shared a dessert of Chocolate Caramel Mousse. This dessert had the prettiest presentation coming out shaped as a pyramid. It was light and rich at the same time. It was the perfect chocolate fix.(Note: the dessert does not come with a rose petal, my clown of a husband put it on there).

The belly dancer only came out for about 10 minutes while we were toward the end of our meal. I was a little bummed because I was expecting more entertainment, but it was still enough to make me reminisce about the time I took a belly dancing class.

Tangierino is a 10 minute drive from the city. There food is very good but their drinks are overpriced. They were a good introduction to Moroccan food and I can't wait to try it again.

No comments: