Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Obsession of the Week

Along with dreaming of a new kitchen, I dream of having a house. I don't even know what I would do with myself if I had more than 300 square feet to live in. I think I'd want to swim in all the space and sleep in the closets or something. I have already warned Alex that we will probably go broke because I am going to throw myself into the role of decorator. I find comfort in knowing that at least our kitchen will be stocked up (popcorn and ice cream maker anyone?). I'm just going to have trouble figuring out what to do with the rest of the rooms. The only thing I am sure of is that I'd like to have a mural in one of the rooms (most likely of frogs and penguins...I love those suckers). This idea was put in my head by my great friend Nadi the day she shared her blog with me. I had never thought of having a mural in a bedroom (or any part of the house for that matter) and now I have become obsessed with the idea. I think it's such a great way to really jazz up a room and add your unique stamp to the space. Thanks to Nadi, I'm even more house crazy. There is so much I want to do the day I have a house, like run to one side of the house and see if Alex can hear me if I talk. Sometimes I think that maybe living in Boston has been a dream and that tomorrow I will wake up to this:

Did I mention this is the second half of the house?
Oh yeah...this is the third side of the house.
PS Don't tell Alex about this post. For the past 5 years I have been on his case about how absurd his desire to have a house like this is. The man must have rubbed off on me, because I secretly want a house like this now. Only I want it with a built-in maid ;-)

No comments: