Monday, April 7, 2008

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

I Must Give Credit

I do not like Rachel Ray. The lady just annoys the heck out of me. I usually avoid her recipes like I avoid the B train on the green line. I came across this one recipe when I was compiling a notebook of recipes before I moved to Boston 3 years ago. I needed to make sure that I could cook for Alex. I think Abuela might have done some serious damage to me if I would have let Alex waste away. This recipe is tasty and the nutmeg gives the sauce a whole new flavor dimension. The original recipe calls for fettuccine pasta but I used rotini pasta, so you can have fun with your choice of pasta.

Fettuccine all'Alfredo con Prosciutto di Parma
Source: Rachel Ray

8 oz pasta (half a box for 2 people)
1/3 lb prosciutto
2 Tbsp butter
1 to 1 1/4 cup half-and-half
1 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
1/4 tsp nutmeg
Ground black pepper
Pinch of salt

1. Bring a pot of water to a boil and cook pasta al dente
2. Slice the prosciutto into thin strips and set aside
3. Preheat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the butter to the skillet and melt. Add the half-and-half. Stirring constantly add the cheese and cook for one minute. Season with nutmeg, pepper, and salt. Turn off the heat.
4. Add the pasta to the skillet and toss until coated. Add the prosciutto and toss.
5. Serve and enjoy!


No comments: