Monday, October 27, 2008

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Obsession of the Week



I have done nothing but think about going apple picking this past week. Ever since I made my Boston To Do list I have been obsessing about when I am going to get certain things done. Other than apple picking, I haven't done anything on my list. But it's ok. I still have time! Well, sort of. If I hadn't gone apple picking this weekend I would have missed it and would have waited until next year and since I don't know where we will be living a year from now, it was a now or never type of thing. I was determined to go rain or shine and I had no problem going alone. Luckily enough, I didn't have to go alone since my friend Edgar volunteered to go with me. That's a good thing too, because we left with about 35 lbs of apples and I don't think I would have been able to carry that around by myself.

We went to Shelburne Farm in Stow, MA and it was such a surreal experience for me. I had never been to a farm and didn't know what to expect. I thought it would smell like poop and it didn't. I didn't think there would actually be tractors on the land and there were. Heck, I didn't even expect them to accept credit card and they did. I couldn't believe all the apples. I have never seen so many apples in my life. I was so used to seeing glossy apples that I was thrown off by seeing them in their natural form. I felt like a kid and truly enjoyed myself...I didn't want to leave!

Cortland Apple Tree


Delicious Apple Cider Donut


Pumpkin Patch


Holy Huge.


Apple Seeds (correction: these are milkweed seeds)


Golden Delicious Apple Tree


Me Picking!


Mutsu and McIntosh Apples


The Goods


PS expect lots of apple recipes :)

3 comments:

Nanna said...

I don't mean to be rude, but those are not apple seeds. That is a milkweed pod that has dried and opened and the seeds are beginning to be those white fluffs that you see floating through the air.

Stephanie said...

Not rude at all. Thanks for letting me know :)

Unknown said...

aaah apples!!!