Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Cati's First Trip to the Zoo

I took Cati to the zoo for the first time last week with Titi Jeselyn. The weather was perfect for our trip: sunny, cool, and with a slight breeze. Maybe the weather was a little too perfect because all the animals were either out of sight or laying down enjoying the beautiful weather. Cati wasn't too interested in the animals and I don't blame her considering the animals weren't doing anything that would grab the short attention span of a 10-month old. The most excitement Cati experienced was when I pulled out Mr. Blue (her blue elephant toy) when we saw the first set of elephants. She didn't care about the real life elephant but she flipped with excitement when she saw her little toy friend. Here are pictures from the rest of our trip:

The zoo was all decked out for the holidays
IMG_7805

Cati, me, and the tree
IMG_7806
Cati and the koala
IMG_7890

The koala
IMG_7891

Cati, Sophie the Giraffe, and a real giraffe
IMG_7866

The giraffes
IMG_7863

Sophie wanted to say hi!
IMG_7865

Cati and the zebra
IMG_7857

The {in}famous Bird
IMG_7825

First The Bird went to Titi Jeselyn and checked her out.
IMG_7823


Then The Bird came to me and I must be attractive to the avian species because he started doing his mating dance by my feet. Then, when we tried to walk away, he plumped up and followed. I don't think he's going to be mating with his female counterpart anytime soon.

photo 5

Pointing birds out to Cati
photo 2


Call me silly, but I've always wanted to drink a beer at the zoo and places like the zoo. I realized I wasn't the only one and that ALL parents at the zoo had a beer in hand. I guess animals, lots of space, and kids are a recipe for drinking?
photo 3


Cati and me with the elephant (and beer)
IMG_7830

Cati and Titi Jeselyn with the elephant (and beer)
photo 2


Cati and the elephant
IMG_7829


Cati liked the fake elephants more than the real ones
IMG_7901

Do you remember these?!
IMG_7873

We did and we wanted to introduce Cati to their awesome-ness
IMG_7895

Pumba!
IMG_7884

Us by the lake
IMG_7879

Rhinos
IMG_7872

The gorillas. They looked so human.
IMG_7853


Cati and the camels
IMG_7846


I forgot which animal this is (gazelle family maybe?) but it's a nursing baby
IMG_7841


I wonder if animals get mastitis too?
IMG_7843


Cati and a flock of flamingo. So a flamingo is that color because of the shrimp it eats, right? Well shrimp are only that color once cooked, so how does that work if flamingo eat raw shrimp?
IMG_7803
Stephanie

No comments: