Thursday, December 9, 2010

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Eye of the {Cupcake} Beholder

Here's the story of a wonderful man with extremely interesting vision. This story is proof that you see what you want to see.

One day I came home with bright red flowers and six cupcakes. I ate half of five of the cupcakes and left the other halves for Alex. I left the container on our dining room table. I put the red flowers in a vase and also put those on the dining room table. In walks Alex and he passes through the dining room to the kitchen where I was watching a bottle. Once in the kitchen he asks me "who are those from?" Thinking he means the flowers, I say "they are from a secret admirer." The truth is, his mom bought them for me and I just wanted to make Alex jealous. Real mature, right? Anyway, he looks at me like I am out of my mind and asks me why a secret admirer would bake me cupcakes. Now it's my turn to be confused. "Weren't you asking me about the flowers?" I ask. He answers with "I didn't even notice the flowers." I then ask how it's possible for him to notice half eaten cupcakes but not big red flowers. His response was a simple and classic "I don't know." While he ate a cupcake.

These are the flowers:
 IMG_5589

The cupcakes:
 The Cupcake Diva

I'm still trying to figure Alex out.  The table was a MESS and full of mail so how he didn't see the flowers is beyond me. I think the man has serious sweets tunnel vision.
Stephanie

No comments: