Friday, September 26, 2008

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Obsession of the Week

I have become obsessed with looking up the show schedules for all the local theatres. Earlier this year we saw Wicked and La Slyphide, which were both amazing shows. A couple of weeks ago we saw A Chorus Line and this weekend we are seeing Cirque du Soleil's Kooza. We also went to a theatre open house and now I can proudly say that I have the schedule for just about every show for the 2008-2009 season. I love the theatre because there is something about being a part of the raw and contemporaneous emotion of the actors and dancers. The experience is so different from watching TV or going to the movies. There's no time for retakes, so what you see if what you get. The next big show (it's actually a ballet) I plan on seeing is Cinderella and I am giddy just thinking about spending a night at the theatre. I think part of what makes it so fun is seeing how gorgeous the theatres themselves are. There is something about their grandiosity and gaudiness that is entrancing.










No comments: