Saturday, May 15, 2010

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Things to Do: Fairchild Tripical Botanic Garden

I already told you that we went to Fairchild but I figured I'd go into more detail. Fairchild is located off Old Cutler Road in Coral Gables. If you are up for it, you can walk the entire 2-mile pathway. Fairchild is absolutely stunning and extremely picturesque (I understand why people would shell out $200 to have professional pictures taken there). Right now they are having an art exhibit and there is art throughout the grounds. My favorite part of Fairchild is that you can bring your own food and have a picnic. They even give you free cold water! The downside to Fairchild is the cost of admission. At $20 per adult, it's not cheap. They do, however, make it worth while to get an annual membership. I bought my membership on Earth Day when it was half off and it has already paid itself off because I have been to Fairchild twice, once with Alex as my free guest. A perk of membership is that admission is included to all their special events (hello, Chocolate Festival!).

Probably one of the most beautiful views at Fairchild.
Lily pads. Seats in the butterfly area of Fairchild.
Butterfly.
This building has a store and space for events.
Floating art.

Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden
is located at 10901 Old Cutler Road in Coral Gables. They are open almost every day of the year and they give free admission to Dade County teachers.

No comments: