Saturday, May 8, 2010

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Things to Do: Miami Metro Zoo

I love the zoo. I love seeing all the animals. Miami Metro Zoo is a our local zoo and has made quite the comeback. When Hurricane Andrew hit the South Florida area, the zoo suffered huge losses. I remember it took them a very long time to rebuild the aviary area of the zoo and the zoo looked very bare and almost forgotten. The zoo is very kid friendly; other than the obviousness of the animals the zoo also has a splish and splash area for those extra hot days.

Here are some pictures of my favorite animals:
Miami Metro Zoo is located at 12400 Southwest 152nd Street in Miami. Admission is $16 per adult but they are always running specials online for reduced admission. It is definitely worth getting an annual pass because the zoo is quite large and it's hard to really enjoy it fully in one day.

No comments: