Saturday, August 28, 2010

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Oh, Squash

Cati tried squash today for the first time. I didn't get any cute pictures of her because she had her first round of squash before we went to Alex's work picnic (thus Cati eating in her car seat). She seemed to like squash. Her reaction to it reminded me a lot of her reaction to carrots. I guess it's because the squash was kind of sweet.
Squash Purée
Makes 1/2 cup

1 cup chopped squash (1-2 squash)
1 1/2 cup water
Breast milk, formula, or cooking water

In a saucepan, bring the water to a boil. Add the squash and cook 5-6 minutes or until the squash is easily forked. Drain squash (reserve 1/2 cup of cooking water if you are going to use water to thin out the purée), place in food processor, and purée. Add fluid until squash reaches the best consistency for eating.

Storage: Good for 3 days in the fridge in an airtight container or up to 3 months in the freezer.

Note: The squash had a great consistency and didn't really need any liquid to thin it out. I did, however, add a little bit of breast milk to sweeten the taste for Cati.

Squash
Squash

Since I have no cute messy baby face pictures to share, how about a cute bathing suit picture? (Note: I didn't get any pictures of Cati in the bathing suit by herself. I suck. And the only reason I'm in this one is because Alex said he would be the photographer today. Probably something to do with my there's-barely-any-pictures-of-us-together-she-won't-know-who-I-am-if-I-die-right-now rant)
Beach Babes

No comments: