Monday, August 2, 2010

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

POM Drink Week: Pom-Ade


I was sent a box of POM Wonderful juices and asked to create drink recipes. I was very happy about this because I am a huge fan of pomegranate juice and an even bigger fan of trying out new recipes. I tried out a few recipes (all good, but not all winners) and will be sharing a new recipe with you each day this week.


The first drink I bring you this week is Pom-Ade. This is a non-alcoholic pomegranate lemonade beverage. We both found the drink refreshing but not as fruity as you'd expect it to be. It seems like club soda dulled out the flavors of the lemonade and pomegranate juice. I think it would have tasted better by either increasing the fruit juices, eliminating the club soda, or adding a sweet liquor.


Pom-Ade
Source: Epicurious.com (here)
Yields: 2-4 drinks depending on glass size

1 cup lemonade
1/2 cup club soda
1/4 cup pomegranate juice
Ice cubes

Mix lemonade, soda, and pomegranate juice in a small pitcher. Fill 2 tall glasses with ice. Pour lemonade mixture over.

Sugar rim for added flavor and pretty look :)

PS POM Wonderful did not pay me to do this.

1 comment:

Eliana said...

This drink sounds great. Would be even better with a lil splash of Grey Goose.