Friday, October 15, 2010

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Goat Cheese & Apple Chicken

Chicken w/ Goat Cheese & Apple
As far as I can remember I've only had goat cheese 3 times in my life. I saw the goat cheese at the market and I had to buy it. My mouth watered at the thought of chicken topped with goat cheese, apple, and maple syrup. The dish did not disappoint. The goat cheese apple mixture provided a smooth and tart contrast to the crispy and savory chicken. Let's not forget about the maple syrup and how well its sweetness paired with the goat cheese. I licked my plate clean it was that good.

Goat Cheese & Apple Chicken
Serves 2

1 chicken breast, halved
3/4 cup Saltine cracker crumbs
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1 egg
2 Tbsp olive oil
3 oz goat cheese, at room temperature
1/2 an apple chopped
Salt
Pepper
Maple syrup

Preheat oven to 250 degrees F. Line a baking dish with aluminum foil and spray with cooking oil. 

Season chicken with salt and pepper. In a small bowl combine the cracker crumbs and garlic salt. In another small bowl whisk the egg with a fork. Dip the seasoned chicken into the egg and then the cracker mixture.

Over medium heat, add the oil and then cook the chicken until brown and crispy and cooked through. Place the chicken on the baking dish.

In another small bowl combine the goat cheese and the apples. Spread mixture evenly over the chicken breasts. Drizzle with maple syrup.

Bake for about 20 minutes or until cheese is warm and browned. Remove from oven.

Drizzle with more maple syrup. Serve and enjoy!
Chicken w/ Goat Cheese & Apple
Stephanie

No comments: