Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

TWD: Caramel Pumpkin Pie

Caramel Pumpkin Pie
Are you ready for this? I never thought I'd say this but here it goes. I like pumpkin pie. All these years I thought I disliked it when the truth is what I disliked was the filling to crust ratio. I figured it out this past weekend when a friend told me that she didn't dislike pumpkin pie as a whole but she disliked the amount of filling. She said the texture was what turned her off of pies. As I ate a slice of the mini caramel pumpkin pie I made I realized I felt the same way. I ate half of one of the pies and the filling-crust ratio was just right. It also helped that the pie reminded me a lot of eating gingersnap cookies.
Caramel Pumpkin Pie
Thanks to Janell of Mortensen Family Memoirs for making this week's selection. Make sure to head to her blog for the recipe and to the TWD site to see all the other great pies.
Caramel Pumpkin Pie
Notes: I used whiskey instead of rum/cognac/apple cider. I also used a store bought pie crust. Halving the filling recipe yielded enough filling for 3 mini pies and the 3 mini pies used up one whole pie crust. Baking time was 25-30 min.
Stephanie

No comments: