Sunday, October 31, 2010

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

This Week in Mommyhood

I am convinced Cati tooth is going to be breaking through any minute now. Cati has been consistently sleeping through the night since she was about 7.5 months old, but on Monday she woke up in the middle of the night and cried on and off for an 1.5 hour. Nothing I did soothed her and she eventually went back to sleep. Every night since has has woken up or spent it tossing and turning and whining. I feel exhausted because every little nose wakes me and is followed by a few minutes of blearily staring at the baby monitor to make sure she's ok. Since about 5 months you can white under her gums (as in you can see what looks like her teeth under her gums) and now the white is more pronounced and bulgy. It's just a waiting game I guess.
IMG_4755
I don't know if it's because I have been trying to get things together for Cupcake Camp or if it's because Cati is possibly teething, but she has been very needy this week. Normally she is ok with playing on her own and crawling and discovering, but this week she has wanted nothing but to be close to and held by me. It's so sweet and, any other week I would love it, but this week it's been a hard juggling act.
IMG_4761
The sweetest thing Cati did this week was lay down with me. We were in the family room and I was working on Cupcake Camp things and when I finished I laid down on her little play mat. Well, Cati put her toy down, crawled to me (and on me), and laid down right next to me. It's these moments I look forward to in the future; the moments where she shows and gives affection and knows that she is doing so.
IMG_4727
The second sweetest thing she did involved Alex. We went to visit him at work on Thursday and Cati cried and reached out for him the moment I took her away from him. She wanted to be with her daddy and was upset with me! If Alex ever doubts how much his little girl loves and wants to be with him all he has to do is think of the day she reacted this way to him.
IMG_4814
We took Cati trick-or-treating on Saturday and she got to wear her cupcake costume. She also got to sit next to the pumpkin Alex carved. I love thinking about all the family traditions we will be starting this year now that we have a baby.
IMG_4869
Stephanie

No comments: