Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Music to My Ears

Cati babbles a lot. The girl even growls and croaks. I love the sound of her little voice. While she'll say things like dada I don't consider anything she has said her first spoken word. Is a word really a word if you don't know the meaning of it?

Right now she's just testing out syllables but some days I wonder if she does know what she's saying. She knows how to saw mama and maaam and in the mornings when she's in her crib and she's ready to get out the mama's and maaam's increase. Sometimes when she's playing she says mama and then looks at me. But is she calling out for me or is mama just the syllable du jour? I try to get her to say mama but she just stares at me like she's waiting for me to do the next trick. Regardless, I love the way mama sounds coming out of her sweet mouth and I can't wait until she says it with conviction and the knowledge that when she says mama my heart will leap and reach out for her.
 IMG_6294
IMG_6275
IMG_6284
Stephanie

No comments: