Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

TWD: Apple Shortbread Cake

Apple Shortbread Cake
I made this cake last night and because I made it so late I didn't get to taste it until this morning. That was probably the best thing that could have happened because the cake was perfect for breakfast. I don't know if it's because I halved the recipe and used one whole egg and apples instead of cranberry but the cake tasted more like a pastry than an actual cake, thus making it perfect for breakfast. I also wish I would have chopped up more apples for the filling. Regardless, the cake was easy to make and made to be paired with whatever filling concoction you can think up.

How pretty is it as a centerpiece?
Apple Shortbread Cake

Thanks to Jessica of Singleton in the Kitchen for choosing Not-Just-for Thanksgiving Cranberry Shortbread Cake. Make sure to head over to the TWD site to see what everyone else did.
Apple Shortbread Cake
Stephanie

7 comments:

Eliana said...

I love the idea of making this with apples instead of cranberries. It looks super delish.

Mary said...

I had mine for breakfast too! I think I'd love this with apples, but I used raspberries this time.
:)

Tia said...

nice switch up with the apples! Looks yummy! This was a huge hit with us - I crumbled the top layer over the filling instead of rolling it. LOVED THIS! Tia @ Buttercreambarbie

Cindy said...

I also had this for breakfast, it is full of fruit! Apples sound good. Have a great day.

Jessica said...

Your apple version looks great, and I bet it was fantastic for breakfast! I love your cake stand decked out for autumn, too. Thanks so much for baking along with me this week!

Jessica of My Baking Heart said...

I definitely have to try this with apples now! :) Yours looks lovely!

Katrina said...

This was definitely a cookie not cake. Good enough to taste it and giveaway the rest for my own safety! ;)