Sunday, May 15, 2011

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Chocolate Chip Maple Pecan Cookies

Maple Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies
Did you know today is Chocolate Chip Day? I didn't either but as soon is I saw it pop up on the Examiner editorial calendar I knew I needed to celebrate. Other than writing an article about it on Examiner, I decided to make these Chocolate Chip Maple Pecan Cookies. These cookies were delicious and so golden. I don't know how else to describe these cookies but they made me think of that beautiful amber color sugar gets when caramelized. The cookie was sweet, but not as sweet as you'd think given the amount of sugar and maple syrup, and a funny mix of chewy and crispy.
 Maple Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies

Chocolate Chip Maple Pecan Cookies
Source: Adapted from Everybody Likes Sandwiches
Yields 24 cookies

1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
3/4 cup chopped pecans

Preheat oven to 350. In a large bowl, combine the butter, brown sugar, extract and maple syrup together. Add in the egg and combine until fluffy. Dump in the flour, baking soda and salt and stir until just blended before adding the chocolate chips and walnuts and stirring again.

Drop by tablespoon 2 inches apart onto a parchment or silpat covered cookie sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes until the edges are just golden. Transfer to wire rack to cool.
Stephanie

1 comment:

Desi said...

These sound good. I'm a sucker for anything maple flavored, and I do love pecans too :) Gonna have to try this!