Sunday, May 29, 2011

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

This Week in Mommyhood

All week we have joked that Cati will be an engineer. She's currently in the break-it-apart-put-it-back- together stage. She's more interested in figuring out the individual parts of something and understanding how each part comes together to create something with a function. Her toys are being dissected in a whole new way. It's fascinating to see her brain in action and funny to see her get frustrated because she can't figure out how to put things back together.
IMG_3629

Here are some other fun developments from this week.

Lodging Complaints. Earlier this week we went to visit my grandmother. Most of the time I go I try to close the door to the room so Cati can roam freely. Well, on this particular visit Cati happened to be by the door when the nurse opened it and Cati fell. She wasn't hurt so much as shocked. I carried her to try and console her and while in my arms Cati started talking seriously and pointing at the nurse. She knew the nurse was the cause of her tears and she wanted to make sure I knew that too.

Knock Knock
. Cati learned how to knock a few weeks ago but know she understands when to knock. It's so cute seeing her knock because she does it with her thumb and index finger and not with a closed fist.
IMG_3620

Shoe Obsessed. God forbid there is a pair of shoes in sight and I'm not wearing them. Cati will chase me down with my shoes and put them on me. If I take them off she gets upset.

Bubble Blower
. Cati has loved bubbles since her birthday and now she actually understands how you get bubbles. She knows that you need liquid and that you need to blow the bubble stick. Her blowing of air isn't enough to create a bubble but it's great to see this leap in understanding.

Feeding Frenzy. I'm constantly trying to figure out how to feed Cati. This week I switched up her feeding schedule. Before it was breakfast at 7:30am, cup of milk at 10am, lunch at 11:30am, cup of milk and snack at 3:30pm, and dinner at 5:30pm. Now I am doing breakfast with a cup of milk at 7:30am, lunch at 11:30am, cup of milk and snack at 3:30pm and then dinner at 5:30pm. The main thing I noticed is that the little change in the morning has resulted in her eating a lot more at lunch. I am also trying to transition her into eating more of our food. It's not easy because I haven't been cooking as often, but she is loving every bit of food she gets.
IMG_3613

I can't wait to see what my little explorer does next. 
Stephanie

No comments: