Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

TWD: Oatmeal Nutmeg Scones

Oatmeal Nutmeg Scones
There is a debate in our household as to whether I have ever had a scone. I say no and Alex is convinced that I have had one at some point in time. Either way, this is the first time I have ever made scones and was it messy. I didn't expect it to be so messy and eventually ended up giving up on making nice triangle shapes. Instead, balls of dough were scooped out and dropped on the baking sheet. I always thought scones were supposed to be sweeter than biscuits so I added a light glaze to the scones to make them sweeter and to moisten them up. What really amazed me with this recipe is how far a small amount of nutmeg goes.
Oatmeal Nutmeg Scones
Thanks to Patricia of Life With a Whisk for making this week's selection. Make sure to head over to the TWD site to read everyone else's thoughts on this week's selection.
Stephanie

6 comments:

Amber Marie said...

These look great! I've always thought the little triangle shapes were a little funny anyway.

Katrina said...

They look great. I forgot about how strong nutmeg is, too. Although I like it with cinnamon and other spices, I wish I would have left it out of these. But they were still good. I love scones.
They did need a little touch of sweetness, so I drizzled them with melted white chocolate.
Have you not made them with TWD before?
Mine were perfect little triangles, until they baked, then, not so much, so don't worry.

Tia said...

they look wonderfully textured!
Buttercreambarbie

Jessica of My Baking Heart said...

They look perfect to me! :)

Nicole said...

Drop scones are good, too! I think they look just fine. I think scones get a little easier the more you try.

Unknown said...

Scones are messy, aren't they? But they're worth it! Just think, soon your little girl will be able to help dump scone dough with you - perfect for little fingers, since they don't have to come out perfectly!