Sunday, March 6, 2011

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

This Week in Mommyhood

Another week of impressive accomplishments. One day I was playing with Cati by tickling her belly and saying "belly!" Now she knows what belly is and every time I say belly, she lifts her shirt and starts grabbing her belly. Cati is also grasping clothing better and understands where things go. For example, Cati will grab her socks and try to put them on her feet.
IMG_8998
I have been bad about updating you on foods but Cati is doing great with food. She had a bit of my Jamba Juice Peanut Butter Moo'd smoothie this week and had no reaction to the chocolate and peanut butter in the smoothie. She had french fries cooked in peanut oil and no reaction. The coolest thing, though, was her eating a bit of pulled pork with us. I love this aspect of Cati getting older. I still puree her vegetables but everything else is solid.
IMG_8970
Despite us not wanting this, Cati has learned how to go down the stairs. At some point she made the mental leap from trying to crawl down the stairs head first to climbing down the stairs feet first. I still don't trust her going down the stairs because it's a series of cornered, tiled, stairs but it's awesome to see that she learned how to do this despite us discouraging her along the way. An accompanying development is Cati climbing and sitting on everything. She especially loves to climb on me whenever I'm laying down.
IMG_0860
Cati is starting to sleep like a big person! She used to sleep all curled up into herself and still does occasionally but, more and more, she's sleeping all sprawled out. It's the cutest thing ever. She looks like such a big person!
IMG_0713
Cati is officially obsessed with bubbles. I blame it on being the newest developmental thing so she's fixated on it, but when she asks for bubbles as soon as she wakes up it's a little much. We can't help but laugh at this, especially at those times when she sounds like a broken record.
Cati will be 13 months soon and the biggest question I have is "where are those teeth?" She still has two teeth and those teeth we all thought (doctor included) were days away from breaking through seem to have retreated. This is motherhood for you: waiting and anticipating.
Stephanie

1 comment:

Desi said...

She says bubbles so well! Go Cati!