Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Guy Harvey's Island Grill

Here's another catch up post. We went to Guy Harvey's Island Grill close to a month ago. It was a Sunday night in Marco Island and, if you know anything about the west coast of Florida, you know that things aren't open very late on Sundays. We decided to go to this one area called The Esplanade because it has a few small shops, restaurants, and a marina with some incredible looking boats. We decided to go to Guy Harvey's since they were open and I was craving fried shrimp.

I got my fried shrimp and it totally hit the spot. The shrimp was lightly battered, tender and succulent. I was surprised by how many shrimp they dish came with, especially since they were so big in size. The fries were slightly sweet and seasoned with Cajun spices.
Alex ordered buffalo chicken. He had been in the mood for buffalo chicken and as soon as he saw this item on the menu he ordered it. He ordered the appetizer size and that was more than enough for him. The chicken was crispy and perfectly coated in the hot sauce.
We shared a dessert since I could barely stop myself from shouting "chocolate cake!" The cake was surprisingly light despite its gooey center. (Please ignore Alex's hand. He couldn't wait 2 seconds for me to get this shot).

If you are ever in Marco Island, FL I definitely recommend going here. The food is great and the atmosphere is very typical of west coast living.

No comments: