Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Baby Talk: Catarina's Artwork

Baby Girl's nursery is coming along. In fact, all that needs to be done is installing the lighting and hanging up some frames. I am so happy that her room is almost done because now I can focus on the neglected parts of the house (have you seen my empty walls and the pile of frames in my living room??). Before finding out the sex of the baby I had entertained different ideas for the theme of the room. I had an easy time when it came to a girl. But when it came to a boy I was stumped; I liked both jungle animals and vintage Mickey. I was thrilled when I found out we were having a girl and my mind immediately started designing her room. There would be poodles, Paris, pinks, and blacks. I am beyond thrilled with how everything is coming out and I cannot wait to actually have Baby Girl in the room. I'm going to wait to share pictures of the finished room until after my shower, but for now I want to share with you my favorite part of her room.

I had discovered the etsy seller TwinkleStarArt when I still lived in Boston. I LOVED her Paris Poodle collection. I knew these prints would go perfectly in my future daughter's room so I held off on buying the prints. As soon as I found out there was a girl baking in my belly I bought the prints with the plans of framing them above the crib. And frame them I did. And it looks adorable!

I got extremely excited when I saw a complete stranger write out her name.
Each day is a solidification of Catarina's existence.
The crib and art. Close up of the prints.

No comments: