Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Going Into the Unknown

I'm going to leap and I don't know where I will land, but at least I am taking a chance. At least I will be doing something I enjoy. And in Alex's words at least I'll be doing something that finally makes me happy. Not that I'm not a happy person because my ultimate goal in life is to be happy, but the past few months have been tough on several fronts. I've had to wrestle with feelings of inadequacy, disappointment, and loss of control. I've had to reevaluate life, what it means to me, and where I want it to go. I've had to let go of what I thought I wanted, what I thought should be, and what I expected. I've had to embrace the new, the chaotic, the scary, and the unknown.

I am lucky enough to have a close group of friends that have been nothing but supportive each time I feel the world crumbling around me. They have inspired me and given me renewed hope. They tell me the same things Alex does but for some reason hearing it from someone not as intimately tied to me as Alex makes all the difference and allows me to really hear what they are saying.

Today I have decided to leap into the unknown. To take a chance on something new. Or semi new. You see, I'm going to take something I already do and try to do more with it. My friend Lauren suggested I try to sell cookies for the holiday season. This suggestion was supported by my other friends and was received with ecstatic enthusiasm by Alex. The more researched it the more excited I became. I can do this! I will put all my effort and energy into this and hope for the best. My idea is to start off small and sell M&M cookies with holiday colored M&Ms (I'm still figuring out pricing and quantities). Depending on how that goes I will expand. Alex wants me to become the Cold Stone of cookies and have a base cookie with multiple options for additions. I want to take it slow at first until I adjust and get more comfortable with doing something like this. So wish me luck!

Because I have dreamed of doing something like this for the longest time but was too scared to actually do it, I already had a little name and logo inspired by my precious poodle, Perla, lined up.
I really can't believe I am even attempting to do something like this. I'm scared but also very excited to see where this leads me.

PS TWD post will be up tomorrow! Sorry for the delay.

6 comments:

Future Grown-Up said...

Awesome. Congratulations on your new adventure. I wish you much success and fun on this new path!

Macaroni and Cheesecake said...

That's so exciting! Best of luck on your new venture!

steph- whisk/spoon said...

that's wonderful! here's to great success!

Stephanie said...

Thank you!

Katrina said...

That sounds so great. Kind of a same dream I have. Love it! And good luck.
(I recently keep thinking I should just open a bakery that is all different takes on rice krispies treats--I've been making a bunch lately.) Hope it goes great for you.

Mary said...

Congratsulations on your new adventure! I love reading your blog and I am sure your business will be great..can't wait to read about it!