Thursday, November 19, 2009

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Oink Oink

Alex's brother's birthday was last week. His awesome girlfriend planned a surprise birthday luau for him that included hula dancers. Her equally awesome and extremely talented sister made a cake for the party and every time I look at it I laugh. It's just so darn clever:
Doesn't it just fit perfectly with the luau theme? It definitely made me feel like I was back at the Old Lahaina Luau again. The cake was red velvet which made for a slightly disturbing picture when the cake was being cut and served:
I am constantly in awe of the dessert talent out there. People create the most interesting, intriguing, and beautiful things.

2 comments:

Megan said...

What an amazing cake - and the red velvet really puts it over the top.

Katrina said...

Great cake! Love it.