Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Blog {r}Evolution

When I started this blog 2.5 years ago I wanted it to be about my adventures in city dining. Then I got really into baking and baking became a huge part of the blog. Then I got pregnant and had a baby and now that's a huge part of the blog. I feel like my blog has a bit of a split personality and that's all because I didn't expect this little blog to become such a huge part of my life. I thought it would be just some online record book but, the truth is, the blog literally reflects what's going on in my life. It's more than just a record book of the things around me, it's a record book of me. I love this blog and love sharing bits and pieces of my world with you. So where does this leave us? I've been trying to answer that and the best I can come up with is this: I need to stop trying to box this blog in a particular category. It's not just about my adventures in food and having a baby. It's about life and my guide to this life I'm living. With that said, I need to find balance. I do a lot more in the kitchen than what's reflected here. I also eat at more places worth reviewing. I just need to be more disciplined.

Because I don't like posts without pictures here's a preview of something new and exciting I'm doing next week. Stay tuned...

1 comment:

Jen said...

I completely understand about not wanting to be boxed in. I feel the same way about my blog, and I'm glad you've broken free of any mental constraints!