Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

No Bake Cookies


I've never made No Bake Cookies. I was always curious about them but I could never bring myself to make them because of the peanut butter. I don't know what's my problem. I love peanut butter but for some reason I do not like peanut butter in desserts. Alex, on the other hand, loves peanut butter in desserts. He jumps for joy any time I make a peanut butter cookie so these cookies are for him. I took one bite and the peanut butter taste was too much for me. Shame too, because the cookies had a great fudge-like texture.

No Bake Cookies
Source: Allrecipes.com (here)

1 cup white sugar
1 1/2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup milk
pinch salt
1-1/2 cups quick cooking oats
1/4 cup peanut butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

In a saucepan bring sugar, cocoa, margarine, milk, and salt to a rapid boil for 1 minute.


Add quick cooking oats, peanut butter, and vanilla; mix well.


Working quickly, drop by teaspoonfuls onto waxed paper, and let cool.

No comments: