Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Coconut Milk Cookies


I had leftover coconut milk from the Lots of Ways Banana Cake and tried to come up with a cookie recipe. All the coconut recipes I found contained shredded coconut so I winged it. These cookies came out more cakey than I expected and had a very, very mild coconut flavor. They smelled beautifully though. I put a little coconut rum glaze on the cookies but I think the cookies would have tasted better with a thick frosting instead of a glaze. Alex said the cookies taste how you'd expect suntan lotion to taste.


Coconut Milk Cookies

1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/4 cup sugar
1 egg
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup coconut milk
2 Tbsp coconut rum
3/4 cup flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.

In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar. Add egg and vanilla and beat for 1 minute.

In a small bowl, combine the coconut milk and rum. In another small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Alternating, beginning and ending with the flour mixture, add the dry and wet ingredients.

Using a cookie scoop, scoop batter onto baking sheets 3 inches apart from one another. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until firm to the touch. Remove from oven. Let cool. Serve and enjoy!

3 comments:

Eliana said...

Coconut rum glaze sounds like an excellent way to jazz up just about anything.

Linda said...

Found your blog searching for coconut milk recipes because I had some leftover from a chilled mango soup I made.... I made these was craving chocolate so I added some cocoa powder AND M&M's. Delicious! Thanks for the recipe!

Anonymous said...

swapped macadamia nut liqueur for the coconut rum and added a handful of chocolate chips. Fabulous.