Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

TWD: Tarte Noire


I had a lot of fun with this week's pick of Tarte Noire. I wanted to do something a little different while maintaining the key elements of chocolate ganache and shortbread. So instead of making it in tart form, I poured the ganache into ramekins and topped it with whipped cream, shortbread crumbs, and a shortbread cookie. For the ganache I used a combination of white and semi-sweet chocolates and I added the whipped cream to make the dessert a little lighter and not as rich. The resulting dessert was amazing. It's such a simple dessert and, yet, it's nothing but sweet elegance.

Thanks to Dharmagirl of bliss: towards a delicious life for picking Tarte Noire. Make sure to head over to the TWD site to see what the other bloggers thought of this week's pick.

No comments: