Saturday, July 17, 2010

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Potato Cakes

Is it just me or does food instantly become better the moment you fry it in some oil? I had some leftover mashed potatoes and wanted to do something different with them. I didn't want to just reheat and eat so I rolled up the mashed potatoes into balls, coated them with bread crumbs and parmesan cheese, and fried them. The potato cakes came out delicious; the crunchy coating was simply divine. The best part? I found a way to make a new dish using leftovers. Go me!
Potato Cakes

1/2 cup leftover mashed potatoes
3 Tbsp bread crumbs
3 Tbsp grated parmesan cheese
3 Tbsp butter
2 Tbsp olive oil

Combine the bread crumbs and parmesan cheese in a bowl. Melt 2 Tbsp of butter in a small bowl. Scoop out about a Tbsp of mashed potatoes and shape into a ball using your hands. Dip into butter and then into bread crumbs. Repeat until all mashed potatoes are used up.

In a skillet heat 1 Tbsp butter and olive oil over medium heat. Add potato cakes and fry each side until golden brown, about 2 minutes.

Serve and enjoy!

No comments: