Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Little Picasso

I had been wanting to get Cati to finger paint for some time now. I thought she'd enjoy it, but more than anything I wanted to see her get messy. I hadn't bought any finger paint because I was a little afraid of it potentially staining her clothes or whatever else the paint touched. Good thing too, because as I was reading my weekly Baby Center email I saw that they had a recipe for making finger paint at home. It was so easy to make and, the best part is, I wasn't worried about the painting inevitably ending up in Cati's mouth.
IMG_4220
Cati didn't know what to do with the paint. She kept calling it "agua" and was confused as to why I wouldn't let her drink the paint. I tried to help her understand that she had to dip her fingers in the paint and then on the paper but she didn't really get it. As expected, paint got in her face and hair and on both of our pajamas. In the end, she started dumping the paint all over the place. I couldn't clean her off soon enough and paint ended up on the sofa, ottoman, and Jumparoo. Good thing it washed off easily!
 The paints
IMG_4201

Little Picasso
IMG_4203
IMG_4204

Dumping the paint
IMG_4214

Painted fingers
IMG_4216

First piece of art done with my help
cg

Homemade Finger Paint
Source: Baby Center
Makes about a 1/4 cup of paint

1 Tbsp all-purpose flour
Water
1 drop of food coloring

In a small bowl, add flour and combine with enough water to create a thin paste. Add desired color and mix.

Paint! When done, it takes the sheets of paper about 30 minutes to dry depending on how thick the paint is on the paper.
Stephanie

No comments: