Thursday, June 23, 2011

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

My First Official Order!

IMG_4404
I am so beyond excited to post this. I have sold cookies to friends before, but this is the first time that I have been asked to bake something for an event by someone who is an acquaintance and hasn't been subjected to me shoving sweets at her all the time. I was asked to make vanilla cupcakes and mini apple pies. I used my favorite vanilla recipe and my new favorite buttercream recipe for the cupcakes and the cupcakes were decorated with gum paste flowers bought from Etsy seller tinydiesel.
IMG_4405
The mini apple pies were a slight variation from the apple pie pops I made for Cati's birthday. The variation? No stick! I also made the pie crust this time and, oh my, it was so easy! I always thought I hated making pie crusts but I guess the truth is that I hadn't found the right recipe. I bet you're curious now! I used this Crisco recipe and let me just tell you that it was flaky and buttery. Yum!
IMG_4385
Thankfully, Cati was a good baby while I spent most of the day in the kitchen. I used to wonder why I had so many bowls, two sets of measuring cups, and three sets of measuring spoons. Now I know why: so I can give them to Cati to play with while I bake! It's amazing how entertaining those things are.

Special thanks to Jackie for hiring me. I hope the sweets taste better than they look!
Stephanie

1 comment:

mscromer said...

Those look so amazing...you did an outstanding job on those....and the apple pie. Thank you. Shirley (tinydiesel)