Monday, September 6, 2010

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

{Caroline} Project Empowering Motherhood

PEM Logo
Today we hear from Caroline, the enviable mom behind the food blog Whipped.  I say enviable because not only does she create some of the most delicious dishes, but she's also the founder of her own marketing company and the mother to a toddler. Not a baby, but a walking and talking Mini Whipped toddler. I am amazed that she can do so much and I love knowing that you don't have to be the most organized person on the planet to do as much as she does. Caroline gives me hope!

These are some of my favorite Whipped posts:

*Kid-friendly posts like homemade play-doh, mango citrus popsicles, homemade applesauce, chicken nuggets with broccoli sneaked in, and baby food recipes.
*This chocolate cake might not have been a complete success, but I love that Sophie's in the picture.
*Famous Neiman Marcus cookies
*My all-time favorite corn pudding.
*These potato and pastry dishes will convert you to a Greek food lover.
*You can never go wrong with cheese and more cheese.

 C&V

Here are Caroline's answers:

1. One ugly truth about motherhood. I learned that motherhood is not something you share with your husband.  Parenting is done together but mothering is a different thing all together. Because I am lucky and I am married to my best friend and a man that I share almost everything with, I was assuming that this would also be a shared experience.  At the beginning, it was clear that our parenting experiences and feelings were different.  For me, that felt lonely at times.  My emotions, hormones and thoughts were unique and not something that was easy for my husband to relate to. A few years in, we have figured out our roles, better understand each other's feelings and needs and have found a happy groove.

2. What does motherhood mean to you? For me, motherhood means that there is a little person for whom I am responsible for nurturing and loving.  Motherhood is an unconditional love so great that it conquers all.  I use my energy to create an environment that will help my daughter learn, grow and thrive in every way.

3. How has motherhood empowered you? Motherhood has been a wonderful exercise in selflessness.  The love for my daughter has brought me a calm understanding of what is truly important in life.  That confident peace has helped me easily move past petty frustrations, concerns and anxieties that used to nag me.

Thank you Caroline for starting Whipped in 2007 and for inviting us in your kitchen and sharing your life as a mother and working woman with us.

Project Empowering Motherhood is an ongoing series in celebration and honor of Cati's 6 months. For my responses to the questions and more about the series, go HERE. To read Jenn, Melisa, Esther, Andrea, Jenny, Jen, Mollie, Jamie, Charlotte, Erika, Shari, Julie and Lenore's answers, go HERE. If you are interested in participating and being featured on the blog send your answers to the three questions to steppystar@aol.com. 

No comments: