Thursday, September 16, 2010

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

{Erin} Project Empowering Motherhood

PEM Logo
Today we hear from Erin, the mommy behind Breedwoman Needs a Timeout.  Erin's blog started off as a life blog but has slowly turned into a blog dedicated to her ultra cute princess of a daughter Kinsley Grace. Erin not only talks about her love for Kinsley (see: Raining Tears), but she also talks about things I'm too shy to talk about (see: Bikini Wax and Pictures from the 80s). You have to love a woman who is confident enough to talk about the realities of motherhood (see: CIO and SAHM Debate) and and personal hygiene in one place!

Here are Erin's answers:

1. One Ugly truth about motherhood. That it can get harder then easier as time goes on. In the beginning I thought it was a cake walk. She's slept up to six hour stretches (granted they were ON me), she hardly cried, and I had this fun bundle to show off. Then I had to return to work, AND my family left, AND my husband's hours got out of control, AND my amazing sleeper decided to NOT sleep, And the dogs went crazy, and next thing I knew, I had a 4 month old and I lost my calm. Once I start hitting my stride again, she'll start crawling, or teething, or be constipated. So it stays hard, but then she says Mama as her first word and it's worth it!

2. What does motherhood mean to you? It means that I get a chance to create a truly amazing person and have influence as to what kind of person they will be in the future. It means that I will always worry, always love, and always wonder over this little person that looks to me for my okay. It means that my heart will always be walking on the outside of my body.

3. How has motherhood empowered you? Motherhood has empowered me by allowing me to to see what is really important in life. For a while I thought that we HAD to get the house clean, that I HAD to always have a home-cooked meal on the table, that I had to keep in touch with ALL my friends from every walk of life. Then it hit me. It was more important to sit on the floor and roll around with my daughter then clean the bathroom at that moment. And that a healthy frozen dinner was just fine once (or three times) a week if it allowed me extra time with my daughter after work. The house will always be dirty and someone will always want your time, but you child will only want JUST YOU for so long.

Thank you Erin for letting us be a part of your motherhood journey. Hopefully we can find a way to make it to BlogHer next year and meet!

Project Empowering Motherhood is an ongoing series in celebration and honor of Cati's 6 months. For my responses to the questions and more about the series, go HERE. To read Jenn, Melisa, Esther, Andrea, Jenny, Jen, Mollie, Jamie, Charlotte, Erika, Shari, Julie, Lenore, Caroline, Alex, Prudy, Delia, Kelly, Becki, Bree, and Jill's answers, go HERE. If you are interested in participating and being featured on the blog send your answers to the three questions to steppystar@aol.com.  

No comments: